WANT TO SEE MORE SETS?
I am aware of the demand for more sets! The biggest encouragement for me to add more is for the site to reach a wider audience. I'd love to add more, the bigger the audience gets; so share
the site with friends who would enjoy it. If there are particular ones you want to see arrive first email me
. However, I won't add any that are currently being monetized
by the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. I'm strictly interested in historical preservation, and re-creating the
experience of opening these packs.
FOUND A BUG?
Please share the details and circumstances of what you experienced by email
and I'll address the issue as quickly as possible. Be sure to include which browser and platform you were using.
Bonus points if you include a screenshot.
WANT TO REQUEST A NEW FEATURE OR RULE?
Many of the features on the simulator, such as the same set button and the zoom ability, were user requests.
Let me know what you'd like to see, and I'll see if I can add it.
If you're submitting a new card distribution rule, check the list below to see
what's already been implemented.
The best place to reach me currently is by email
- Holographic cards: 1/3 packs
- Secret rare (Team Rocket): 1/60 packs
- Shining Pokemon (Neo Revelation): 1/12 packs
- Shining Pokemon (Neo Destiny): 1/18 packs
When shuffle is turned off, cards will always appear in the following order:
- Base: 7 commons (2 of which are energy), 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Jungle: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Fossil: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Base 2: 3 uncommons, 5 commons, 1 rare, 2 energy
- Team Rocket: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Gym Heroes: 6 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 1 energy
- Gym Challenge: 6 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 1 energy
- Neo Genesis: 1 energy, 1 rare, 3 uncommons, 6 commons
- Neo Discovery: 3 uncommon, 1 rare, 7 commons
- Neo Revelation: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Neo Destiny: 7 commons, 1 rare, 3 uncommons
- Expedition Base: 5 commons (holo pull replaces 5th common), 1 reverse holo (any rarity), 1 regular rare, 2 uncommons
- Aquapolis: 5 commons (holo pull replaces 5th common), 1 reverse holo (any rarity), 1 regular rare, 2 uncommons
- Skyridge: 5 commons (holo pull replaces 5th common), 1 reverse holo (any rarity), 1 regular rare, 2 uncommons
These patterns have been extracted from numerous YouTube booster pack openings.
Duplicates have been prevented in the simulator, since they aren't meant to occur in physical packs.
In the original 11 sets, it is possible to pull two of the same pokemon,
but not with the identical art or card number.
In the expedition base set, it is possible to pull three of the same pokemon with the same art and card number,
but of different rarity tiers: holographic, reverse holographic, and regular rare.
Current as of 1/12/2020, from most to least recent:
- Added drafting tool to main site.
- Moved location of GBC easter egg; removed donations; made countdown persistent on main page
- Finished e-series set
- Added expedition base set, thanks to a donation!
- Added game boy color page
- Added rarity distribution images
- Added reset button
- Added countdown to easter egg
- Added zoom feature on second click
- Added packs opened counter
- Added packs generated counter
- Added all missing reverse pack images
- Added easter egg ;)
- Fixed "flip all" button to only affect unflipped cards
- Delayed new cards being dispalyed till after cards have been flipped
- Sped up card flip animation to .5 seconds
- Added 1 energy per pack rule for Neo Genesis, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge
- Added 2 energy per pack rule for Base and Base 2
- Added toggle shuffle button
- Added accurate order to the unshuffled cards
- Added rule to yield shiny cards in Neo Destiny 1/18 packs
- Added rule to yield shiny cards in Neo Revelation 1/12 packs
- Added rule to yield the secret rare in Team Rocket 1/60 packs
- Added rule to yield holographic cards 33% of the time
- Added same set button
- Added mobile site and automatic redirect
- Removed base set Machamp from possible cards
- Added prevent duplicate rule
programming and design by justin keena (code download available at github